San Bernardino Office
550 E. Hospitality Lane, Suite 300
San Bernardino, CA 92408
Tel: (909) 890-4499
Fax: (909) 890-9877
- Land Use
- B.A., The Evergreen State College, 1987
- J.D., University of La Verne, College of Law, 2009
- California, 2009
Brent McManigal counsels clients through the numerous local, state, and federal laws related to project management, permitting, and environmental compliance, including compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), Porter Cologne Act, and Endangered Species Act. He has experience in all aspects of commercial, industrial, residential, and waste management projects including preliminary market and business analysis, contract negotiations, permitting, and public relations.
Mr. McManigal has also assisted both public agencies and private businesses with public bidding and compliance with prevailing wage and public works requirements. He is experienced in working with state and federal agencies including the California Alcoholic Beverage Control Board, the State Water Board, the Air Resources Board Department of Industrial Relations, and the Federal Environmental Protection Agency.
Prior to joining Gresham Savage, Mr. McManigal spent five years as a city planner, followed by 12 years as a key manager with one of the nation’s leading waste management companies. While in the waste management industry, he was involved in mergers and acquisitions, permitting, construction, and the start-up of a waste-to-energy facility, in addition to leading operations across several states. Through this work, Mr. McManigal worked closely with and obtained permits through not only the United States Environmental Protection Agency, but also numerous states across the country and throughout California. All through his career, Mr. McManigal has been involved in leading controversial and high-profile projects. With his extensive experience in local and regional planning, business management, regulatory compliance, and construction management, Mr. McManigal is uniquely suited to assist clients in all aspects of business and development activities to successfully bring their projects to completion.
- California Land Use Reporter, “California Assembly Bill 52 – A Study in Frustration or a Legislative Success?” (November 2015)
- California Water Reporter, “California Department of Water Resources Study Prepared by NASA shows Central Valley Land Dropping at a Faster Pace Due to Groundwater Pumping” (October 2015)
- California Water Reporter, “One Billion Dollars in Emergency Funds for Drought Relief Approved by California Legislature and signed by Governor Brown” (May 2015)
- American Bar Association
- Dean’s List
- Liquor licensing of over 150 retail stores across California during the past six years. Focus on land use approvals, including compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act, for large shopping centers, public contracting, protests against public contracts, prevailing wage law and groundwater sustainability.
San Bernardino, CA
550 E. Hospitality Lane
San Bernardino, CA 92408
San Diego, CA
401 West A Street
San Diego, CA 92101